Do’s and Don’t’s
- In case you hear or see something unusual, please inform Metro staff or security personnel inside trains or stations.
- Stand in queue while waiting for trains at platform.
- Let passengers exit from the train before boarding
- Never Squat on the train Floor.
- Limit your baggage to 25 Kgs not exceeding 80 cm (Length) x 50 cm (Breadth) x 30 cm (Height) in size. Luggage exceeding such weight and/or dimensions are not allowed.
- Avoid reading newspaper or crossing legs in crowded train as it leaves less space for fellow passengers.
- Abstain from drunken and unruly behaviour.
- Watch the gap between the train and platform edge.
- It is illegal to beg, solicit products or conduct group activities in the train and at the station. Please report such activities to the station staff.
- Please be sure to take all your belongings with you when you get off the train. If you lose something within metro premises, contact GMRC Lost & Found Cell.
- Do not spit or throw garbage within Metro Premises.
- Do not eat or drink inside trains and paid area of stations.
- Do not bring pets inside Metro Stations.
- Do not smoke inside Metro Premises.
- Do not travel without valid token media.
- Do not jump over the ticket barrier.
- Do not share your ticket media with other person on the same journey.
- Do not step onto the Metro Track. 3rd Rail is charged with 750 V DC.
- Do not try to open the doors forcibly.
- Do not deface or put posters inside Metro station or train.
- Do not run or play games on the escalators.
- Do not lean or put your hands on the train doors.
- Do not rush on platforms or push other passengers to prevent accidents.
LIST OF ITEMS PROHIBITED WITHIN METRO PREMISES
- Petroleum and other inflammable liquids
- Inflammable solids
- Manure of any kind
- Rags, including oily rags
- Oxidising substances
- Poisonous (toxic) substances
- Acids and other corrosives
- Radioactive substances
- Blood, dried
- Bones, excluding bleached and cleaned bones
- Gases, compressed, liquefied, or dissolved under pressure
- Explosive substances, which possess risk of explosion, or fire, or both
- Any decayed animal or vegetable matter
- Human ashes
- Parts of the human body
- Human Skeleton
- Any other article declared as dangerous or offensive material by the metro railway administration from time to time